Last Updated: March 11, 2021
We respect the privacy of every individual users of our applications and services.
This Policy covers our collection, use and disclosure of your information through the Applications and the Services. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any applications, websites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Facebook, or any third-party features or services made available via the Application or the Services.
- what data we collect and why we collect that information.
- how the data we collected is used and shared.
- information security.
- international users.
- sensitive information.
We’ve tried to keep the Policy simple, but if you have any questions on the privacy or our privacy practices, or to report any violations of the Policy or abuse of the Applications or the Services, please feel free to contact us via email: [email protected] .
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect personal information to implement significant features and provide you better experience. This information includes:
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware manufacturer & model, operating system version, screen size, CPU model, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and installed apps) to implement app features, provide our services, and improve the app performance for all our users.
- App Usage Data. Information about your usage of the app. We use this information to improve the user experience. This information may be collected by trusted third-party analytics.
- User Profile. When You create a user profile in the Service, BlingCall will collect the information provided by You. Information that may be provided include, but is not limited to, Your name, photo, country of residence, email address, Facebook page. BlingCall may supplement the information provided by You with information from third parties and add it to the information provided by You e.g. demographic information and additional contact information that is publicly available.
- User Content and Behavioural Information. We process the content you generate on the Platform, including preferences you set (such as choice of language), photographs and videos you upload and comments you make (“User Content”). In order to improve the upload speed of User Content before clicking “Post” or “Upload” to confirm the upload, we will provide a preload service to upload audio and video in advance. If you cancel or fail to upload the content for other reasons, we will delete the associated audio and video from our server. We also collect information regarding your use of the Platform, e.g., how you engage with the Platform, including how you interact with content we show to you, the ads you view, videos you watch and problems encountered, the content you like, the content you save to ‘My Favourites’ and the users you follow. We also infer your preferences, including your interests, gender and age for the purpose of personalising content. We process information about your followers, the likes you receive and responses to content you upload, for the purposes of promoting your content to other users and exploring whether your profile presents further opportunities for collaboration. Where appropriate, we will also use this information for the purpose of serving personalised advertising and to tell you about new services and opportunities.
- Contact Information. We access your contact information to implement customizable call screen feature. We do not collect, store or transfer the information.
- Call History Data. We access your call history data to provide call log management feature. We do not collect, store or transfer the information.
- Carrier. We access carrier information to identify your location to provide you intelligent
user content. We do not collect, store or transfer the carrier data.
- Other Information you may provide. BlingCall may also from time to time offer You the opportunity to provide information on Your experience from using the Services or to participate in contests, surveys or other promotions. BlingCall will collect the information You provide in connection therewith, as well as any other information You provide through the Services or when You communicate or interact with us.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
BlingCall may use the personal information collected to provide, maintain, improve, analyze and personalize the Services to its Users, partners and third party providers. More specifically, BlingCall may use such information to:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with user support;
- provide smart caller Screen, Caller ID and Video editor functionality;
- personalise the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- enable you to share User Content and interact with other users;
- enable our messenger service to function if you choose to use this function;
- to help us detect and combat abuse, harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity on the Platform;
- We use aggregated or anonymized personal information for statistical and analytical purposes. We may come to share such data with third parties;
- We may use any of the information collected, as set out above, to provide You interest based advertising, marketing messaging, information and services. We may also use the collected information to measure the performance of our advertising and marketing services;
- We may use the collected information to comply with applicable laws and to enforce our agreements and protect and defend the rights or safety of BlingCall;
- ensure your safety and security including reviewing user content, messages and associated metadata for breach of our Community Guidelines and other inappropriate content;
- ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- carry out data analysis and test the Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your data with the following selected third parties:
- Business Partners. If you choose to register to use the Platform using your social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google), you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL.
Where you opt to share content on social media platforms, the video, username and accompanying text will be shared on that platform or, in the case of sharing via instant messaging platforms such as Whatsapp, a link to the content will be shared.
- Service Providers. We provide information and content to service providers who support our business, such as cloud service providers and providers of content moderation services to ensure that the Platform is a safe and enjoyable place.
- Advertisers and Advertising Networks. We share information with advertisers and third party measurement companies to show how many and which users of the Platform have viewed or clicked on an advertisement. We share your device ID with measurement companies so that we can link your activity on the Platform with your activity on other websites; we then use this information to show you adverts which may be of interest to you.
- Our Corporate Group. We may also share your information with other members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group, to provide the Platform including improving and optimising the Platform, preventing illegal use and supporting users.
- Law Enforcement. We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so.
- Public Profiles. Please note that if your profile is public, your content will be visible to anyone on the Platform and may also be accessed or shared by your friends and followers as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites. You can change who can see a video each time you upload a video.
We may disclose and transfer Your Information to our associated or affiliated organisations or related entities and to any third party who acquires, our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we collect from you may be stored on a server located in Singapore or the United States, outside of the country where you live. We maintain major servers around the world to bring you our services globally and continuously.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into BingCall. You can delete the User Content you uploaded. We also provide a number of tools in Settings that allow you to control, among others, who can view your videos, send you messages, or post comments to your videos. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account in Settings. If you have any questions on how to use those tools, or want to know about any rights you may have in the country where you live, please contact us at: [email protected].
6. INFORMATION SECURITY
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of our Platform, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
8. ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR EU, BRAZIL AND CALIFORNIA INDIVIDUALS
If you are in the EU, the EEA, Brazil or if you are a California resident, applicable privacy laws grant you additional rights in relation to your Collected Information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at: [email protected]. If you are a California resident, you may also contact us via [email protected]. In order to process certain of your requests, we have a verification mechanism that uses email address and phone number to verify your identity. We may request additional information to verify your identity on a case-by-case basis.
If you are a California resident, you may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. The authorized agent may submit a request by contacting us at [email protected] or by clicking here. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Collected Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you are in the EU, the EEA or Brazil, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your Collected Information. You should be able to find the details in this policy but you can ask for more information if anything is unclear.
- The right to access the Collected Information we hold about you.
- The right to ask us to correct any Collected Information which we hold about you.
- The right to ask us to delete your Collected Information in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to or restrict our use of your Collected Information in certain circumstances. Please note that this may affect your ability to use the Service, or in some cases, terminate the Service completely.
- The right to stop us using your Collected Information for direct marketing.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Collected Information if our processing is based on your consent.
- he right to request that we transfer certain elements of your Collected Information to you or another service provider in a machine-readable format.
- The right to complain to your national data protection regulator.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- The right to request to know what personal information, including Collected Information, we collect, use, disclose and sell. You may exercise this right twice per year, free of charge. If we are unable to fulfill this request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- The right to request deletion of your personal information, including Collected Information, collected by us. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason why.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights.
10. INFORMATION RELATING TO CHILDREN
11. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background or membership in past organizations, including trade union memberships) on or through an Application, the Services or the Site or otherwise to us.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to report any violations of the Policy or abuse of an Application, the Services or the Site, please contact us at [email protected].